|Ground:||County Ground, New Road, Worcester|
|Scorecard:||England Lions v India A|
|Player:||CA Pujara, A Mukund, AW Gale, DI Stevens, SM Davies|
|Event:||Triangular A Team Series 2010|
DateLine: 8th July 2010
England Lions claimed the triangular series as they got better of India A. England Lions was the strongest team in the competition and they proved it beyond any doubt as they simply brushed aside the Indian challenge with ridiculous ease.
England A skipper Cook won the toss and elected to field first. Southpaw Dhawan got the visitors off to a bright start as he hammered the English bowlers to all parts of the ground. Boundaries flowed from his blade and he was set for more before a combination of Plunkett and Davies. Other than opener Mukund and Pujara none of the other batsmen made any substantial score as the English bowlers after the initial pounding came back well.
The Indian innings closed at 278 for the loss of seven wickets in their 50 overs.
If the Indian bowlers believed that they could get better of the English batsmen they were grossly mistaken. A whirlwind innings of 90 from Gale led the English reply as he was well supported by Davies and Stevens. None of the Indian bowlers came out unscathed as they were taken to the cleaners.
England chased down the target in 48.4 overs for the loss of 5 wickets.
- Belize Women in Costa Rica 2019/20
- Botswana Women's International Triangular Tournament 2019/20
- England in South Africa 2019/20
- England Women in Malaysia 2019/20
- ICC Women's Championship 2017/18 to 2020
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2021/22
- New Zealand in Australia 2019/20
- South Africa in India 2019/20
- South Asian Games Men's Cricket Competition 2019/20
- South Asian Games Women's Cricket Competition 2019/20
- Sri Lanka in Pakistan 2019/20
- West Indies in India 2019/20
View all Current Events CLICK HERE